Thursday, October 22, 2009

Finally getting out of jail

It's nearly three weeks since I began to feel ill. I think it was the flu, but not the swine variety. For about two weeks, I moaned, coughed, and dragged myself around with zero energy. Just barely enough of me to get the minimum work done.

I'm better now. The upside is that I can actually go places and do things. The downside is that I'm still so behind in basic stuff like grading papers that I have to do marathon sessions (often lasting until 9 p.m.) to try to catch up. And I am caught up! (Unless you count about half a dozen revised papers and a pile of short homework quiz-type assignments) It's 11:34 a.m. now. By 12:30 I won't be caught up any more. The first of 75 papers will come in.

But I'll make it. Tonight, no work in particular. Tomorrow, I'm off to the gym for the first time in three weeks. Then Saturday, I begin grading again.

No comments:

Post a Comment