Thursday, December 10, 2009

The end has come

I'm finally done! The grades are posted for both schools, and I am officially unemployed! At least until January 11. Feels pretty good. I spent Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday holed up in my apartment grading portfolios, and (of course) drove to Akron during the first really nasty piece of weather this winter.

The drive was OK, but difficult, with blowing snow, poor visibility, and high winds. I kept snoring along at a mere 65 mph in the 65 zone, while people passed me as if I were standing still. The question ran through my head: why is a snowstorm good for 80 mph? And then I figured out the answer. Between the bitter weather (15 degrees and a high wind) and the dangerous driving, the State Troopers aren't going to do much ticketing for speeding. So of course! We put the hammer down and drive somewhere close to a century.

I'm still working, though. In my mind, anyhow. I'm prepping for the next semester, wondering what to do with my classes. That will wind down, but I probably ought to keep the pressure on anyhow. After January 1, I might be too distracted to do much preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment