Friday, May 7, 2010

Beginning and Ending

I'm now officially done with the University of Akron, at least until the end of August. About 30 papers and I'll be done with Ashland as well. (I'll probably hide in my little office on Monday and take care of those.)

It's a bit sad, really. Just about the time Akron has awakened from winter and the weather is getting fine, I leave. I'm sitting here in Angel Falls Coffee and the guys are setting up for a poetry reading. (The audio feedback is mighty strong.) I'll get back to Mansfield too late for First Friday, so I guess "culture" for a while will consist of doing my laundry and getting some apartment cleaning done.

Ah Mansfield. We really don't have a "neighborhood" anywhere. The Carrousel District comes close, but it always seems on the verge of collapsing. I did have a mighty fine strawberry smoothie at a place next to the License Bureau, while the martini bar was starting their wood-fired pizza oven. But it was early in the day and my underage companion wouldn't have found a home over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment