Friday, May 21, 2010

Up To Date

Nearly two weeks since my last post here. I've been:

  • Feverishly getting ready for the fall semester. It's a kind of coping mechanism. When I'm frustrated that the previous semester was dismal, I vow that the next will certainly be better, and I do everything in my power to make it so. Besides, I am (as usual) over-committed for the coming year, and anything that I can get done in advance will make my life easier.
  • Getting back into physical fitness. It's been a long time, because of feeling sick and being busy with work. Still difficult, but I'm enjoying the gym time. Yesterday was my first bike ride (12 miles).
  • Spending time with Jared. It's actually funny because I'll assume he meant what he said when he told me we wouldn't see each other for a while, then the phone rings and he absolutely needs some "air time" away from his home.
  • Trying to get back into a pattern of daily Bible reading and prayer. I feel a bit like a recovering alcoholic: "Made it another day." I'm using a website called Sacred Space, created by (of all people) a community of Irish Jesuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment