Sunday, June 27, 2010

Trifocals

For years, I've resisted my eye doctor's advice to go for bifocals. Then about three years ago, I caved in and got separate reading glasses. They always seemed a pain, though, and I could always function quite well without them, so they sat in my desk drawer for quite some time. Then, just before my eye exam last week, I got them out for a trial run. They were terrible! Couldn't see a thing through them.

The eye doctor thought something was suspicious, so he did a bit of snooping and discovered that I'd stumbled on a very old pair of distance glasses. Oops. Back to the desk drawer to find the proper reading glasses. They aren't too bad after all.

But my main problem is computer screens, so now he's making me a third set (well, fourth, if you count the sun glasses) for middle distance. So I guess, if I can find my glasses, I've now got trifocals.

No comments:

Post a Comment