Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday

Saturdays are the times when my brain takes a holiday. It always feels like the work is done for the week and I should do other stuff like shopping and hanging out at Barnes & Noble. Today is no different. Though I know that I've got a pile of academic stuff to do (at least 35 papers waiting for grades), I can't imagine getting down to that very soon. Maybe tomorrow, in spite of my lip-service supporting the idea of taking the Sabbath off.

I do get creative sometimes on Saturday. Yesterday I wasted the entire afternoon trying to get some good out of a program called Gimp. It's an open-source image manipulation program. I'm used to Adobe Acrobat (at least I was a few years ago), but this was a challenge. At least it's installed on the laptop and I have a few beginning ideas. But mostly the afternoon was a loss. Today I took a different approach to the problem I was trying to solve. I spent the morning writing a very clean, simple website for the Ashland church. Here's a rough draft of it. The reaction from Rev. Ashby should be interesting—the woman in the picture is much older.

I doubt if I can resist much longer. The outdoor temperature is up to a sizzling 31° so off I go for an afternoon of fun: Target, Barnes & Noble, YMCA, and finally Grace Fellowship to get the songs for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment