Saturday, April 25, 2009

I lost my last chance.

Things have been pretty quiet around here since I put my phone number on the Federal Do Not Call List. It's a bit lonely, actually. I used to return home to at least four answering machine messages, offering me a chance to refinance my home, escape my credit card bills, or (my favorite) take advantage of the LAST CHANCE to pay for an extended warranty on my car. Things have gotten so quiet that I actually answer the phone now. That's how I got into this:

Her: I'm calling to offer you a chance to extend the warranty on your car.
Me: Ah yes! You folks call several times a day to give me one last chance to put a warranty on a car I sold three years ago.
Her: click

I shouldn't feel too bad, though. Political organizations and charities are exempt, so I still get those bogus "surveys" from the Conservatives: "Are you aware that Barack Obama favors allowing absolutely anyone to perform an abortion on absolutely anyone else?" (No, and neither is Obama aware that he favors this. Don't you love people who try to promote righteousness by telling lies?)

No comments:

Post a Comment