Sunday, April 5, 2009

Palm Sunday

Yes, today is Palm Sunday again. I never do quite get into the dancing and branch-waving that some in the church love so much. There always seems to be a 50-year-old woman bouncing up and down and seeming very troubled that I don't want to do the same. I think it's always the same woman too.

I do always remember Brady and Luke doing palm-leaf origami, though. It normally came out to be a cross. I've still got one from years ago. Thought of them when I saw a palm-leaf chain that wrapped around a LOT of chairs, about ten feet of it.

Got all fancy today: looked up the liturgical colors and showed up in a red satin shirt (for Palm Sunday) and a lavender tie (purple for Easter). That's a lot for Grace. I even stood up at the microphone and said something, dressed that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment