Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Back again

My other faithful follower (Inkling) has been urging me to write again, so I'm going to give in and do it.

Things got complicated here. I had a beautiful idea to spend the summer working on fall courses and live on savings. It was all going very well until I got a phone call at 1:30 in the afternoon on Monday, June 22. "Have you forgotten something?" No, I hadn't. I had applied to North Central State College to teach a couple of courses, but they didn't get back to me, so I assumed that they didn't need me. Well, they had gotten back, but they used a secret, private e-mail account that I had no access to, and included the message "If you have problems with this schedule, let us know." I didn't get back to them, so they assumed I didn't have problems. The bottom line is that I've been furiously slamming material together for literature courses for the last couple of weeks.

I did have the good sense, though, to take off the weekend of the Fourth and visit friend Joel in South Carolina. I didn't even take papers, books, or laptop. It was wonderful.

So now I'm back, teaching, grading papers, trying to pull my material together for Ashland. I guess the Spring semesters will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment