Monday, September 21, 2009

$10 a day

I've been looking at my finances, and wondering just how much I'm overspending my income. This only works because I had some money saved up, but now I'm trying to live on current income. It isn't working. On average, I'm apparently overspending my income by about $10 a day. Yikes! Time for some economies. Likely candidates (sounds like what a LOT of people are doing)

  • Eating fast food. I do a lot of that, because I'm away from home for five lunches and two dinners a week. Got to d something there.
  • Haircuts. Yes, Great Clips does a terrible job, but for the moment, I don't have the money for a $25 haircut. Go to the Great Clips chop shop.
  • Buying unnecessary stuff. OK, I bought three pair of shoes last year. Probably only needed one. Ditto for shirts.
Can all this be $10 a day? Do I really need to give up on gourmet coffee? Will I think twice before buying a friend some expensive gift?

No comments:

Post a Comment