Monday, March 16, 2009

First post - again

Here we go again. I've usually got a blog—and usually forget about it for months at a time. Maybe this new beginning will work out better.

Anyhoo, the point of all this is to give me a general, and not terribly private, way to keep in touch with family and friends. No, I haven't enabled comments, so you can't reply here (that's to keep out all the spammers). But of course you can e-mail me, and I might change my mind later.

I think my past blog failures have occurred because I was trying to write the Great American Novel here. I've been following a couple of very personal blogs for a while, and they are very entertaining, even though I the individual posts are quite brief, and all this has given me a vision all over again.

Jared persuaded me to get a Facebook account (and you can search for me there if you like), but I got frustrated because the format is incredibly shallow and there's no real idea of doing an extended piece of writing like this.

So here I am. I'll try to do better this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment